Set up an existing company
If you already have access to the California Employment Development Department website, and have a withholding tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the California Taxes document. If you have access to the California Employment Development Department (EDD), but do not have a withholding tax ID, please log into your California EDD and apply for access to a withholding ID. If you have any questions, please call the California EDD at (888) 745-3886.
- EDD ID: Your EDD number will be an eight digit account number, format XXX-XXXX-X. If you already have an EDD number you can find it on form DE-9 or DE-9c
- CA Unemployment Rate (UI)
Register a new company
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the California Employment Development Department. In order for OnPay to file and pay your California EDD taxes the following steps must be completed.
- First enroll as a New User with the EDD e-Services for Business by choosing "Enroll for a username and password".
- Once you are enrolled, log into your e-Services account.
- Click "Register a New Account" (DE1)
- Answer all registration questions:
- "Are you an authorized Payroll Agent?" Please select No.
- "Does this business use professional assistance for payroll reporting?" Please select Yes