For Existing Arizona Businesses:
If you already have access to the Arizona Department of Revenue website and have a withholding tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the Arizona Tax Document. If you have access to the Arizona Department of Revenue website but do not have a withholding tax ID, please log into your Arizona Department of Revenue account and apply for access to a withholding ID. If you have any questions, please call the Arizona Department of Revenue directly at (800)-843-7196
- If your business has completed payroll in Arizona in the past, you can find your unemployment account number and tax rate on any notices received from the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
- You can find your Unemployment Insurance rate on the annual notice from the Department of Economic Security.
- This rate ranges from 0.04%–10.59%.
Adding OnPay for electronic access
- Please log in using your Username and Password for AZ taxes Here
- Once logged in, select "Security"
- Then select "Add User"
- Please use the following information:
- Full Name: Caroline White
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number and Extension: 877-328-6505
- Once you submit our information, the Arizona Department of Revenue will send us a password.
For New Arizona Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Arizona Department of Revenue. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Arizona Department of Revenue taxes.
- To register, visit the AZ Taxes website and select "Register for an AZTaxes Account".
- Follow the instructions in the registration and complete the form. Both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Economic Security will process your application separately. When this process has been completed each department will notify you.
- You will become liable for Unemployment tax once you have paid $1500 wages in a calendar quarter or had one employee for part of a day in 20 different weeks in a calendar year.
- The online registration process typically takes between 2-3 weeks.
- However, if you choose to register in person at a local Arizona Department of Revenue office it will be processed the same day.
- Your unemployment tax rate and Job Training Tax rate appear on the Determination of Unemployment Tax Rate letter you receive from the Department of Economic Security and will be sent to you annually.
- For new employers, your Unemployment Tax Rate is 2.00% and the Job Training Tax is 0.00%. You can always verify your rate by contacting the Arizona Department of Economic Security.