For Existing Tennessee Businesses:
If you already have access to the Tennessee Department of Labor website, and have a Unemployment tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us the Info" section of the Tennessee document. If you have access to the Tennessee Department of Labor website, but do not have a Unemployment tax ID, please log into your Tennessee Department of Labor account and apply for access to a Unemployment ID. If you have any questions, please call the Tennessee Department of Labor at 1-(844)-224-5818
- Your Employer Unemployment Account Number can be found on any notices you've received from the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- Premium Report or Wage Report.
Unemployment Insurance Rate: You can find your Employer Tax Rate on your Notice of Premium Rate.
- It ranges from 0.01%–10% with a wage base of $8,000.
For New Tennessee Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Tennessee Department of Labor. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Tennessee Department of Labor taxes.
- Employers in Tennessee are required to fill out an Application for Employer Number (LB-0441) and mail it in.
If the Department of Labor & Workforce Development determines that you are liable for Unemployment tax you will be sent a eight digit Unemployment account number that will appear as 1234-567.8
- You should receive this number in 2-3 weeks after registering.
- For Further information please visit the Tennessee Department of Labor Website Here .
Unemployment Insurance Rate:
New employers in the state of Tennessee have a tax rate of 2.70%
- Construction Companies will be 7.00%
- Mfg. Sect 31 and 32, 2.70%
- Mfg. Sect 33, 5.50%
- Mining, 5.0%