Which Tax Forms does OnPay file?
New Jersey Withholding: Form NJ-500: Monthly Withholding Return, Form NJ927: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form NJ-927H: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
New Jersey Unemployment: New Jersey Quarterly Combined Return Withholding Tax/Unemployment Tax and New Jersey WR-30 Wage Report.
What information does OnPay need?
- State Tax ID Ex: 000-000-000/000
- Twelve-digit ID# consisting of the nine-digit Federal Employer Identification number assigned to you by the Internal Revenue Service, followed by a three digit suffix. If you do not have a suffix, enter three zeros.
- New Jersey State PIN.
- New Jersey Unemployment Tax Rate
- New Jersey SDI (State Disability Insurance) Rate
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information listed above, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your State Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Rate and SDI Rate (as a %).
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- New Jersey State PIN
I am an existing New Jersey employer, where do I find the information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in New Jersey you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
New Jersey Department of Revenue: 609-826-4400
NJ State ER Tax Account Number: You can find your Employer Registration Number on any notice you may have received from the New Jersey Division of Revenue. If you're unsure about your Employer Registration Number, you can call the NJ Division of Revenue at (609) 633-6400.
New Jersey State PIN: Your NJ state PIN is provided to you at the same time your receive your Employer Registration Number. If you do not know your PIN, please answer the following questions via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can access your account through the NJ PremierBusiness.
- Name as registered with the State of New Jersey
- Business Type (Examples: LLC, Corp, Profit, Nonprofit)
- Year in Which You Began Business Operations in NJ
- Zip/Postal Code at which You Receive Tax Notices and Forms
New Jersey Department of Labor: 609-633-6400
Unemployment & SDI Tax Rates
I am a new employer, do I need to register for New Jersey Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of New Jersey?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain New Jersey information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which New Jersey Agencies should I register for?
New Jersey Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees who live and/or work in New Jersey. if your business is located outside of Idaho, but your employees work or live in Idaho you will need to register with this agency.
New Jersey Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in New Jersey. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in New Jersey, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to determine which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the State?
New Jersey Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): 609-826-4400
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (unemployment insurance assistance): 609-633-6400
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state, please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**