Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: DR 1094: Wage Withholding Coupon, DR 1093: Annual Transmittal of W-2s, and DR 1106: Annual Transmittal of 1099's
Unemployment: Colorado Quarterly Wage and UI Report
Local and City Tax: Please CLICK HERE for more information on Colorado local taxes
What information does OnPay need?
- Colorado State Tax ID: 7-digits Ex:12-34567 or 01234567
- Colorado Unemployment ID: 9-digits Ex: 123456-78-9
- Colorado Unemployment Rate
- OnPay also needs your business name and business address as it is registered with the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. If this information is different than what is enter in OnPay please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information above, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select "Payroll Taxes"
- View/Update your DOR (Withholding) Account Number, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
I am an existing Colorado employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Colorado, you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings. See below for the best ways to locate this information. If you cannot locate these documents, please call the state agency at the phone number listed below and request the necessary information.
Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR): (303)-866-3711
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on your previous Colorado quarterly returns (form DR 1094).
Colorado Department of Labor (DOL): (303)-318-9100
Unemployment Tax ID: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on your most recent Notice of Employer's Tax Rate (Form UITR-7)
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in Box 7 or 8 of the Tax Rate Notice
Colorado Surcharge: This can be found in box 9 of the Tax Rate Notice. This number will need to be added to the Unemployment rate when entered in OnPay.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Colorado Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Colorado?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Colorado information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Colorado agencies should I register for?
Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR): You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Colorado, or for any employees that calculate Colorado withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. if your business is located outside of Colorado, but your employees work or live in Colorado you will need to register with this agency.
Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (DOL): You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Colorado. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Colorado, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address and the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Colorado Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (303)-866-3711
Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (unemployment assistance): (303)-318-9100
You can register for both CO tax agencies by using this link to register your business online with Colorado.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**