Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form HW-14: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return and Form HW-3: Annual Reconciliation
Unemployment: Hawaii Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Hawaii State Tax ID: 10-digit number Ex: 00000000-00
- Hawaii Unemployment ID: 7-digit number Ex: 0000000
- Hawaii Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing Hawaii employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Hawaii you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Hawaii Department of Taxation: (800)-222-3229
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Withholding Tax Return (Form HW-14)
Hawaii Department of Labor: (808)-586-8914
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the Contribution Rate Notice or Quarterly Wage Report (Form UC-B6).
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in contribution rate box of the Tax Rate Notice
- Employment Training Fund Assessment Rates: This can be found in assessment rate of the Tax Rate Notice
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Hawaii taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Hawaii?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Hawaii information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Hawaii agencies should I register for?
- Hawaii Department of Taxation: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Hawaii, or for any employees that calculate Hawaii withholding taxes regardless of there they live/work. if your business is located outside of Hawaii, but your employees work or live in Hawaii you will likely need to register with this agency.
- Hawaii Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Hawaii. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Hawaii, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
Hawaii Department of Taxation (withholding assistance): (800)-222-3229
Hawaii Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (808)-586-8914
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**