Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form WH-1: Monthly Withholding Return and Form WH-3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Indiana Quarterly Tax and Wage Report.
What information does OnPay need?
- Indiana State Tax ID:10-digit number Ex: 0000000000
- Indiana Unemployment ID: 6-digit number Ex: 000000
- Indiana Unemployment Rate
- Third Party Access for OnPay for Unemployment taxes. Please see instructions below.
Third Party Access Instructions:
- Log into your or create an IN UI account as an "Employer". You will need to have already registered your business with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.
- Once you have logged in click on "Add Agent". You will then search for our account number: 110861. Our name is Payroll Center Inc and Matthew Sanford is listed as our Agent.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select "Payroll Taxes"
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing Indiana employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Indiana you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Indiana Department of Revenue: (317)-233-4016
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their TID on notices that you have received from the Indiana Department of Revenue.
Indiana Department of Workforce Development: (800)-437-9136
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find their Indiana Unemployment ID and Premium Rate in the "Total Premium" box of the SUTA notice that you receive from the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found near the top left-hand side of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Indiana taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Indiana?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Indiana information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Indiana agencies should I register for?
Indiana Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Indiana. If your business is located outside of Indiana, but your employees work or live in Indiana you will need to register with this agency.
Indiana Department of Workforce Development: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Indiana. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Indiana, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Indiana Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (317) 233-4016
Indiana Department of Workforce Development (unemployment insurance assistance): (800) 437-9136
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**