Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form CT-WH: Monthly Withholding Return, Form CT-941: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form CT-W3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Connecticut Quarterly Tax and Wage Report.
What information does OnPay need?
- Connecticut State Tax ID (CTREG): 10-digit number Ex: 0000000-000 Note: An ID in any other form is incorrect for the Department of Revenue.
- Connecticut Unemployment ID: 7-digit number Ex: 00-000-00
- Connecticut Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing Connecticut employer, where can I find the information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Connecticut you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Connecticut Department of Revenue: (860)-297-5962
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find your withholding account number on notices received from the DOR.
Connecticut Department of Labor: (860)-263-6000
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find your Employer Registration Number on notices received from the DOL.
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found on the right-hand side of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Connecticut taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Connecticut?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from OnPay requesting certain Connecticut information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Connecticut agencies should I register for?
Connecticut Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Connecticut. If your business is located outside of Connecticut, but your employees work or live in Connecticut you will need to register with this agency.
Connecticut Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Connecticut. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Connecticut, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Connecticut Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (860)-297-5962
Connecticut Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (860)-263-6000
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**