Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form CRS-1: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return and Form RPD-41072: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
Unemployment: New Mexico Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- New Mexico State Tax ID: 10-digit number Ex: 00-00000000
- New Mexico Unemployment ID: 7-digit number Ex: 00-0000-0
- New Mexico Unemployment Rate
- Third Party Access for NM Department of Workforce Solutions, see instructions below.
Instructions for Third Party Access (TPA)
Go to user maintenance and add a Third Party Administrator.
You will need the following information to add a Third Party Administrator:
- TPA Name: Payroll Center Inc
- TPA ID: 500001263
Please use the following instructions for further assistance.
- Guide on how to assign a third party agent.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have set us up as a Third Party Administrator.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing New Mexico employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in New Mexico you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department: (505)-827-0700
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on Form CRS-1.
New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions: (877)-664-6984
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the top right-hand corner of the Tax Rate Notice
I am a new employer, do I need to register for New Mexico taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of New Mexico?
- Have you processed payroll with OnPay and received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from OnPay requesting certain New Mexico information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which New Mexico Agencies should I register for?
- New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in New Mexico, or for any employees that calculate New Mexico withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. If your business is located outside of New Mexico, but your employees work or live in New Mexico you will likely need to register with this agency.
- New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in New Mexico. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in New Mexico, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue (withholding assistance): (505)-827-0700
New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions (unemployment insurance assistance): (877)-664-6984
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**