Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form WTH10001: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return
Unemployment: Oklahoma Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Oklahoma State Tax ID: WTH followed by 10-digit number Ex: WTH-00000000-00
- Oklahoma Unemployment ID: 9-digit number Ex: 00-0000000
- Oklahoma Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing Oklahoma employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Oklahoma you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Oklahoma Tax Commission: (405)-521-3160
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Account ID on notices received from the Oklahoma Tax Commission
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission: (405)-557-7100
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found on the notice of employer's contribution rate.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Oklahoma taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Oklahoma?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Oklahoma information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Oklahoma agencies should I register for?
- Oklahoma Tax Commission: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Oklahoma, or for any employees that calculate Oklahoma withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. if your business is located outside of Oklahoma, but your employees work or live in Oklahoma you will likely need to register with this agency.
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Oklahoma. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Oklahoma, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the State?
Oklahoma Tax Commission (withholding assistance): (405) 521-3160
- Register for your State Tax ID
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (unemployment insurance assistance): (405) 557-7100
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**