The information below will guide you through the following:
- Understanding if you should be calculating Oklahoma taxes
- Deciding which Oklahoma taxes your company should register for
- Understanding what forms OnPay files
- Registering with the Oklahoma Tax agencies
- Completing the forms necessary for OnPay to be able to file/pay on your behalf
- Entering necessary information into OnPay
Do you need to register for Oklahoma Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Oklahoma?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Oklahoma information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Oklahoma Agencies should I register for?
- Oklahoma Tax Commission: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Oklahoma, or for any employees that calculate Oklahoma withholding taxes regardless of there they live/work. if your business is located outside of Oklahoma, but your employees work or live in Oklahoma you will likely need to register with this agency.
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Oklahoma. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employees primary work location is in Oklahoma, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
Oklahoma Tax Commission (withholding assistance): 1-(405) 521-3160
- Register for your State Tax ID
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(405) 557-7100.
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
If you are a new employer in the State of Oklahoma, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form WTH10001: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return
- Oklahoma Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information/steps listed below, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns. Please contact us if you have any questions.
What you need as a Oklahoma Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Oklahoma State Tax ID: WTH followed by 10-digit number Ex: WTH-00000000-00
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay your Oklahoma Tax Commissioner taxes for you.
OK Unemployment Insurance
What we need from you as a Oklahoma Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Oklahoma Unemployment ID: 9-digit number Ex: 00-0000000
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay your Oklahoma Employment Security Commission taxes for you.
I am an existing Oklahoma employer, where do I find the information to provide to OnPay?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Oklahoma you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Oklahoma Tax Commission:
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Account ID on notices received from the Oklahoma Tax Commission
If you cannot locate this document or account number, please call the Oklahoma Tax Commission at 1-1-(405) 521-3160 and request the account number.
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found on the notice of employer's contribution rate.
If you cannot locate one of the documents above, or the account number, please contact the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission at 1-(405) 557-7100 and request the account number.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
If you already have your tax information, or if you have obtained it using the steps above, please update the tax information in OnPay:
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- DOR: E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code
- Completed Oklahoma DOL POA found here.
Please reference each section below to identify any other information or steps required for OnPay to complete tax payments and filings on your behalf. If you are a new employer in the State of Oklahoma, the following information can be very useful in helping get your company set up and registered.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Oklahoma Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Oklahoma Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Oklahoma. Please email the completed Power of Attorney forms firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Tax Commission and the Employment Security Commission please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**