Which tax forms does OnPay?
Withholding: Form L-1: Monthly Withholding Return, Form L-1: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form L-3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Louisiana Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Louisiana State Tax ID: 10-digit number Ex: 0000000000
- Louisiana Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 0000000-000
- Louisana Unemployment Rate
- Zip Code as registered for Witholding tax and last payment amount made for Withholding tax
- LAworks Tax Agent Access, please see instructions below.
Instructions for adding Tax Agent Access for LAworks
- Please log in to your LAworks account and add OnPay as your tax agent. An employer must first grant the Agent access to their information so the Agent can perform online unemployment insurance transactions with LWC on their behalf. OnPay's Agent Access Code: 2133CFF5.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
Zip Code as registered for Withholding Tax
Last payment amount made for Withholding Tax (if applicable)
I am an existing Louisiana employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Louisiana you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Louisiana Department of Revenue: (225)-219-7462
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on Form A-1, return of income withheld. OnPay will also need the Zip Code as registered for Withholding tax and last payment amount made for Withholding tax.
Louisiana Workforce Commission: (215)-342-3111
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number can be found on the Liability Letter sent to you by the Louisiana Workforce Commission or on your Quarterly Report of Wages Paid (Form LDOL-ES4)
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the bottom right-hand corner of the Tax Rate Notice
I am a new employer do I need to register for Louisiana taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Louisiana?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Louisiana information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Louisiana agencies should I register for?
Louisiana Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Louisiana. If your business is located outside of Louisiana, but your employees work or live in Louisiana you will need to register with this agency.
Louisiana Workforce Commission: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Louisiana. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Louisiana, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
Louisiana Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (225)-219-7462
Louisiana Workforce Commission (unemployment insurance assistance): (225)-342-3111
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**