Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form 941N: Monthly Withholding Return, Form 941N: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form W-3N: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
Unemployment: Nebraska Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Nebraska State Tax ID
- Nebraska Unemployment ID
- Nebraska Unemployment Tax Rate
- Nebraska Online Withholding Username: This can be found on your 941N Withholding Form
- Nebraska PIN: This can be found on your 941N Withholding Form
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- Nebraska Online Withholding Username and PIN
I am an existing Nebraska employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Nebraska you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Nebraska Department of Revenue: (800)-742-7474
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Monthly Withholding Deposit (Form 501N)
Nebraska Department of Labor: (402)-471-9898
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Report (Form UI 11T)
- Other notices received from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in center of the Tax Rate Notice
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Nebraska taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Nebraska?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Nebraska information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Nebraska agencies should I register for?
- Nebraska Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Nebraska, or for any employees that calculate Nebraska withholding taxes regardless of there they live/work. if your business is located outside of Nebraska, but your employees work or live in Nebraska you will likely need to register with this agency.
- Nebraska Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Nebraska. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Nebraska, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
Nebraska Department of Revenue (DOR - withholding assistance): (800)-742-7474
- Click here to register your Nebraska business with the Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Once you fill out the form, either:
- Fax it to: 1-402-471-5927
- Mail it to: Nebraska Department of Revenue, PO Box 98903 Lincoln, NE 68509-8903
- Once you fill out the form, either:
Nebraska Department of Labor (DOL - unemployment insurance assistance): (402)-471-9898
- Click here to register your Nebraska business with the Nebraska Department of Labor
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**