Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form MO-941: Monthly Withholding Return, Form MO-941: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form MO-941: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Missouri Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Missouri State Tax ID: 8-digit number Ex: 00000000
- Missouri Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 00-00000-0-00
- Missouri Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
I am an existing Missouri employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Missouri you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Missouri Department of Revenue: (573)-751-3505
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Missouri Tax ID Number on the Employer's Return of Income Taxes Withheld (Form MO-941).
Missouri Department of Labor: (573)-751-3215
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find their Unemployment Account Number on your Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report (Form MODES-4-7).
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found at the bottom right of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Missouri taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Missouri?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Missouri information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Missouri agencies should I register for?
Missouri Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Missouri. If your business is located outside of Missouri, but your employees work or live in Missouri you will need to register with this agency.
Missouri Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Missouri. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Missouri, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the State?
Missouri Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (573)-751-3505
Missouri Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (573)-751-3215
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**