The information below will guide you through the following:
- Understanding if you should be calculating Wyoming taxes
- Deciding which Wyoming taxes your company should register for
- Understanding what forms OnPay files
- Registering with the Wyoming Tax agencies
- Completing the forms necessary for OnPay to be able to file/pay on your behalf
- Entering necessary information into OnPay
Do you need to register for Wyoming Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Wyoming?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Wyoming information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Wyoming Agencies should I register for?
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Wyoming. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employees primary work location is in Wyoming, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(307)-235-3264
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
If you are a new employer in the State of Wyoming, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Wyoming Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information/steps listed below, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns. Please contact us if you have any questions.
WY Unemployment Insurance
What we need from you as a Wyoming Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Wyoming Unemployment ID: 9-digits - Example: 123456789
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
I am an existing Wyoming employer, where do I find the information to provide to OnPay?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Wyoming you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Wyoming Department of Labor:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly UI/WC Summary Report (Form WYO056)
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the Assigned UI Tax Rate box of the Tax Rate Notice
If you cannot locate one of the documents above, or the account number, please contact the Wyoming Department of Labor at 1-(307)-235-3264 and request the account number.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
If you already have your tax information, or if you have obtained it using the steps above, please update the tax information in OnPay:
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- DOR: E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code
- Completed Wyoming DOL POA found here.
Please reference each section below to identify any other information or steps required for OnPay to complete tax payments and filings on your behalf. If you are a new employer in the State of Wyoming, the following information can be very useful in helping get your company set up and registered.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Wyoming Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Wyoming Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Wyoming. Please email the completed Power of Attorney forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Montana Department of Revenue and Department of Labor please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**