- From your OnPay Dashboard page, select the Employee icon on the left-hand side of the screen. It will be the second icon from the top.
- After clicking the Employee icon a gray menu will appear. Add an Employee can be selected here, or the + Add New button from the Employee List page can be selected to continue.
- New employees can be added manually or invited by email to enroll themselves after you fill in their basic information (email, first name, last name, and worksite location). If you invite the employee to enroll, you will be notified when they complete registration so you can enter their compensation information. Refer to our support article, Employee Self-Enroll (Link), for information to help employees self-enroll.
- To enter employees manually, click Enter Info.
- Enter the employee’s first name, middle initial, and last name at the top of the screen, then follow the steps below to complete employee registration.
- Enter Basic Information: Enter the employee’s basic information, such as name, home address, date of birth, hire date, and phone number. When finished, click the blue Save & Continue button at the top of the page to return to the Add New Employee screen.
- Withholding Information: Enter the employee’s federal and state withholding allowances. When finished, click the blue Save & Continue button.
- The Advanced Federal Options and Advanced State Options tabs allow you to provide a flat rate amount or percent of gross pay for federal and state income tax. There will also be the option to exempt an employee from certain taxes; please refer to our support article, Employee Filing Types (link), for more information.
- For more information regarding state withholding, please see our State Withholding (link) articles, and for federal forms refer to the New Employee Documents.
- Enter Pay Information: Enter the employee’s pay information (Federal and State Minimum Wages for Tipped and Non-Tipped Employees). The + New links allow you to add new Locations, Departments, and Positions. By clicking the Edit Items button next to Pay Items you can add additional pay items, including other Types of Wages( Link). When finished, click the blue Save & Continue button.
- You can also add and update your various worker's compensation class codes and state. It is your responsibility to set up and maintain your worker's compensation policy. Entering information on this page does not give the application the responsibility of reporting or paying your worker's compensation premiums.
- If you wish to use our third-party provider, AP Intego, we will update and maintain your rates and class codes in the system for the purpose of reporting your payroll information to them accurately.
- Please see our support article to find more information about Worker's Compensation (Link). For information on how to obtain a policy please visit our Getting Worker's Compensation (Link) article. OnPay can also handle the payroll and filing needs for any Types of Employee (Link).
- Benefit/Deduction Information: Select the Benefits and Deductions (link) that the employee will receive, leaving fields blank that do not apply. This step should also be completed for 1099 Employees (Link to types of employees). Clicking the More button next to each type of deduction allows you to specify limits by lifetime or annually, and include bank account and routing numbers. Refer to the Direct Deposits (Link) article for more information regarding which types of accounts OnPay can apply ACH debits to. When finished, click the blue Save & Continue button.
*Direct Deposit will need to be activated for this feature.
- Create Employee: After completing the steps above, select the blue Create button. This will create your new employee’s profile.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us!